May 26, 2011

To SPLURGE or to SAVE

With winter around the corner, fashion these days has never looked hotter. With shops slashing their prices for sales, there has never been a better time to shop. But I must point out that just because something is $5 doesn’t mean you’re heading for a bargain. They seem cheaper but chances are, it’s most likely going to be a short term investment and you’ll end up buying more. I’m not saying all sale items are pointless and are of poor quality, but it’s safe to say that the price does only play a small part of our shopping experience. I used to believe that a $10 dress was the best bargain found and that was as far to look. It wasn’t until I searched into the $20 racks that the trends really stood out and that my perception of clothes changed. Now I look for things that appeal to me, something that I see myself wearing and not for stored as storage. I did face a price dilemma recently when I had to decide between 2 similar dress- one that was actually double the price of another. It came down to which one I would be likely to wear and not the price, thus splurging on the more expensive dress. Remember to splurge on things that would satisfy your lifestyle and save on items which have a shorter wear life.

Frock On!

Fergie

No comments:

Post a Comment