April 26, 2011

Out with the Old, in with the New


I decided to do a massive “Autumn clean out” during this Easter weekend. I know a girl can never
have enough shoes but I was horrified at the excess wastage in my wardrobe. Most of the items
were hideous items you wouldn’t be caught dead wearing on the street. Spotted tee’s and flower
denim skirt? - those were like a decade ago! Throwing out the clothes throws away the old me and transforms into the fashionista. Hey it means more reasons to buy valuable items. Stick to the basics and mix 'n' match to trends.

Frock On!

Fergie

2 comments:

  1. Hey Fergie,
    Thanks to your advice, I decided to clear out my closet as well and gear up for winter. But some things I have trouble letting go of. Although they were 'like a decade ago' I can't help but hold on to them just in case they come back in. Do you think I should throw them out or try and see what fits best with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous

    Thank you for your question. That's a very good point. Some old clothes do work well for current trends. It depends what they are. An example with mine, I used to have an old Mickey Mouse tee. I used to think it was hideous so I got rid of it. A few years later, I saw it in a magazine combined with a skirt and light colour jacket. They have turned my trash into treasure. I immediately regretted it and purchased another one. So I know the dilemma your facing –sometimes its better to keep but I wouldn’t recommend keeping everything otherwise you would not have space.

    If you really can't let them go, why don't you keep them for another month or two before you get rid of it. That way, you'll get an idea as to whether you'll end up wearing it in the future. Or perhaps, keep a few items and throw the rest out. There is no point of keeping it if your not going to wear it, it just stores up more clutter. I've done that with the clothes I can't throw out. And besides, if they come back in fashion, you’ll have it stored away and would not need to buy a whole new wardrobe. That’s more money for your pocket for more shopping sprees. A girl can never have too many clothes but remember, its not about quantity, its about quality.

    Frock on!

    Fergie

    ReplyDelete